Saturday, March 10, 2012

Bird's Nest Necklace

Hi All,
I just wanted to show off the
Birds Nest Necklace
I have made for my Granddaughter, Maci Rae.
I used the tutorial by Sarah Ortega at the link below
http://www.sarahortega.com/2011/05/diy-bird-nest-necklace.html
The instructions are very clear and easy. What a neat Easter Gift.
I used jewelry wire 20gage (a bit fussy, but needed just slight tweaking with round nose pliers) because it is going to a  little tike (Maci is 2 3/4 yrs old) and needed to have a bit more stability than the 26gage.
I used 3 white 4mm opaque rutilated quartz for the 'eggs'.

The pendant size is 1inch and is strong enough to hold up to little girl stuff :D
I used these same Quartz in this Crystal Dangle necklace.
Sorry about the color...we think our camera is dying.  :(
Blessings,
CJ

No comments:

Post a Comment