Saturday, April 19, 2014


 
The Healing Power of Gemstones

While there are many books, websites & folklore about gemstones having healing or magical powers, we leave the judging up to the client who is interested in such things. My interest is merely Scientific.  And since I am in continual sciatica pain, then I felt the need to explore all options.

I came across this list while browsing "American Gem Society" website. (http://www.americangemsociety.org/healing-gemstones) and thought they did a good job in telling a little about many of the Precious & Semi-Precious Gemstones. You can click the link above for the whole list.

Then I googled "healing gemstones" and found a book on Amazon.com called "
Healing Crystals: The A - Z Guide to 430 Gemstones" by Michael Gienger. ( http://www.amazon.com/Healing-Crystals-Guide-430-Gemstones-ebook/dp/B003YL4L1G/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1394648506&sr=8-5&keywords=gemstones+for+healing#reader_B003YL4L1G)  This link is the eBook version preview and is very interesting. click the link above for more information and a look at the book.Kindle Edition $5.49  Upon a quick read through this book, it seems to be a comprehensive book with detailed information.

Then I tried "Folklore" to see where that would take me. And upon reading a bit, I found an article that mentioned "Haunted Gems" http://blog.gemvara.com/2012/10/28/gem-class-haunted-jewelry/  
An interesting blog written in a "Halloween" mood. This article referenced The Hope Diamond,
The Koh-i-Noor Diamond, The Blood-Red “Great Imposter”- Ruby that is not a Ruby, and
The Delhi Purple Sapphire – “Cursed” Quartz. All of which are very interesting stories linked to these particular gemstones. Read more by clicking the above link.  Then I thought, well, if I was to use the folklore of the gemstones, while I am daily around gemstones of one sort or another, then I should be in no pain, in great health with both my body and mind, and prosperous. Of those of you who know me, you know that I am none of the above.   ok, so what am I doing wrong??
Back to the Folklore of gemstones. I am pretty much willing to try anything for pain relief, so I will have an update on weather or not this is for me.  I will be using a rough Amethyst. Thanks for your open mindedness in reading this little blog.  CJD.Sign
Uses
  • The most efficient and suggested way to utilize crystal and gemstone therapy is to wear high-quality beads around the neck. Metal inhibits their healing properties so rope or string should be used as a chain. Also, metal surrounding the gemstone and crystal should be avoided.


Read more: http://www.ehow.com/facts_5421824_gemstone-crystal-healing-therapy.html#ixzz2wViAM8Nt
Amethyst - Aids in the reduction of insomnia, arthritis, pain relief, and circulatory issues. Amethyst is considered the gemstone of meditation, peace, balance, courage, and inner strength. info link

No comments:

Post a Comment